17-Year-Old Stacey Irvine Eats Only Chicken McNuggets for 15 Years, Rushed to Hospital

17-year-old Stacey Irvine of Castle Vale, Birmingham (in the UK) was living on a diet primarily composed of McDonald’s chicken nuggets for 15 years. However, it all caught up to her when she recently had trouble breathing and collapsed.


She was taken to the hospital where doctors found swollen blood vessels in her tongue and the symptoms of anaemia. Stacey has had neither fruit nor vegetable, except for maybe ketchup, in 15 years.


Stacey’s stressed out mother told The Sun: “I’m at my wit’s end. I’m praying she can be helped before it’s too late. It breaks my heart to see her eating those damned nuggets.”


As a child, Stacy would absolutely refuse to eat any other food, preferring to starve herself. Her mother eventually settled for simply getting her to eat, but Stacy didn’t grow out of the phase.


Her salt intake has been 912mg per day, twice the recommended amount, every single day.


Below is a picture of Stacy with all of her Happy Meal toys.



The information and the detail were just perfect. I think that your perspective is deep, its just well thought out and really fantastic to see someone who knows how to put these thoughts down so well. Great job on this.!
clubmz


Kids should eat the same food their parents eat. If they don't eat whats served they will when they're hungry enough and learn a valuable lesson in the process. I wonder how many chicken nuggets mom in this story ate with her daughter. Kids learn their good and bad behavior from their parents, who else would they learn it from? they're not naturally evil!


Flats to rent in Sheffield


I totally agree with you, but it's very difficult to convince my son to eat the same thing as me and my wife.


This was really sad to be honest. Where were her parents? I have never heard of this before. This was great.


Gastric Band London - Folding doors


I think that this was really a very interesting and fun article to read. I really do appreciate this information so much. This was really great to read.


ps3 ylod repair - Building Cladding


My youngest boy would not eat yellow cheese. He literally gagged on the stuff. Having lived in other countries before he was born I was aware that the yellow color of our cheese in America is usually due to a dye, nothing in the actual cheese makes, say a cheddar, yellow except coloring added to the cheese.


So the aversion to yellow cheese was all in his head.


I could have taken the easy way out as a parent and just let him go on with his yellow cheese aversion, never making him eat anything that had yellow cheese in or on it. Instead I helped him overcome that silly aversion and all of a sudden he falls in love with macaroni and cheese (with yellow cheese in it). Allowing a childish and immature phobia (or obstinacy) to flourish would not have been doing my kid any favors.


When I was a kid, you ate what was put on your plate and you didn't leave the table until you had done so. This wasn't because my mom was a tyrant or an ogre, it was so that we would get all the nutrition from the foods she served at dinner. As a kid you need all of that stuff to grow and physically develop properly.


This kids problem isn't her appetite or what she eats, her real problem is her parents who do not love her well enough to keep her from hurting herself. This issue with only eating Chicken McNuggets should have been stopped before it ever got started because after all these years it is now an ingrained behavior and who knows what damage it may have done to her while she grew. It may have shortened her life span considerably because of lack of nutrients as her body was constructing itself. This kid is nothing but a good example of bad parenting.


I'm just sayin' - it sounds like she eats way too much fast food. However, being rushed to the hospital for inability to breathe? It just seems like there's something else going on here, and this is probably a sensationalized "news" blurb. Her eating habits and respiratory problems may not even be related, and someone shold have checked a little deeper before reaching that conclusion. This smells like an urban legend, which will no doubt show up on Snopes.com.


What a terrible parent. Reminds me of a coworker who did the same damn thing. "My baby insists on McDonalds for dinner every night" I don't give a damn. You're the parent and it's your job to make sure your kid eats right. If you're not going to do that you shouldn't have had a kid.
I see no reason to ever give a 2 year old fast food in the first place, much less continue to buy nuggets for the next 15 years. When I was growing up you didn't leave the table until you'd eaten your veggies and my parents certainly weren't going to run to McD's every day so I could have what I wanted.


Exactly, children do not make good judgement calls, that is what parents are for. When a parent capitulates to poor decisions on the part of the child they relinquish their role as a parent and become something less.


If this was my kid she would have had two choices. Eat what is put in front of you and you don't leave the table until you do, OR we can go to the hospital and have you force fed through a tube and see how you like that. Which do you prefer? Because your choice is NOT to either blackmail me for more McNuggets or not eat, it's eat what you're given or get fed through a tube. I'm betting no matter what this kid thought it would never actually get to the tube down the throat stage but if it did, so be it. Even if it did get to that point, I'm betting it would only take once before she discovered she liked broccoli and beef roast.


Looks like she's rockin' the fries in the photo. Last time I checked, potatoes were a vegetable. I'm guessing there's more to this story.