Video: Charles Barkley Calls Weight Watchers Endorsement a Scam

Round mound of sound Charles Barkley is good for at least one controversial quote every week. This week it came on the topic of his much-hyped Weight Watchers endorsement, which he referred to as a scam comparable to being able to talk about basketball for a living.


Here is exactly what he had to say to co-broadcasters Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan during a commercial break on Thursday, apparently not realizing that he was still mic’d up and had a camera aimed at his face.


"I have to lose two pounds a week. I'm at 38 pounds now. They come and weigh me every two weeks. I've never missed a weigh-in. I'm never going to," Barkley said (via CBS Sports). "I'm feeling much better. But I ain't giving away no money. .. I'm not giving away no free money. I thought this was the greatest scam going -- getting paid to watch sports -- but this Weight Watchers thing is a bigger scam."

Video of Chuck being Chuck below.



(Kudos to CBS Sports for the great catch)


Related Content


Lakers Kobe Bryant Gives World’s Best Excuses for Being a Ball Hog