Mark Wahlberg: I Would have Stopped 9/11 Terrorists

It's no secret that actor Mark Wahlberg was scheduled to be on one of the two planes that took off from Boston and crashed into the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. 


But many don't realize Wahlberg believes he would have stopped the hijackers from carrying out their suicide mission that fateful day -- if he hadn't flown out of Toronto instead at the last minute.


In a new interview with Men's Journal, Wahlberg says he would have fought back -- rather than letting the hijackers have control of the plane. 


"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn’t have went down like it did," Wahlberg said. "There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we’re going to land somewhere safely, don’t worry.'"


This isn't the first time that Wahlberg has talked about changing the outcome of history.


"We certainly would have tried to do something to fight," he said in a 2006 interview. "I've had probably over 50 dreams about it."


It's not clear if Wahlberg means "himself and many of the passengers" when he uses the term "we."


[Ed's UPDATE: Wahlberg has now apologized for making the statement. He told TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible.. "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with.."I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."]


Click Here to get your Daily Horoscope. All horoscopes are written exclusively for the Exploring Psychics community by Astrologer, Mystical Joy Corra.