George Zimmerman Creates Website to Raise Legal Funds

George Zimmerman, who claims to have shot and killed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin in February in self-defense, launched his own website on Sunday to raise money to cover his legal expenses.


Many suspected the website to be fake, but Zimmerman’s attorneys confirmed the website’s authenticity to NBC News on Monday.


On the website, Zimmerman writes: “On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life."


"This website’s sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries. I will also personally, maintain accountability of all funds received. I reassure you, every donation is appreciated.”