Prison Inmate Sues Over Circumcision, Wants Foreskin Back

An interesting lawsuit from a prison inmate in South Dakota -- he is suing the hospital that circumcised him 28 years ago. Oh, and he wants his foreskin restored.


The Associated Press reports that Dean Cochrun, who is serving time for kidnapping, claims the unwanted circumcision has ruined his life (his sex life, anyway).


"I was recently made aware of the fact that I had been (circumcised) and that… I was robbed of sensitivity during sexual intercourse as well as the sense of security and well-being I am entitled to in my person,” he said in the lawsuit.


He added that neither he nor his partners would “have that sensitivity during sexual intercourse and have a normal sex life.”


Cochrun is suing for $1,000, plus the restoration surgery “in the hopes I could feel whole again.”


The hospital in question, Sanford Hospital, said there is no way it would pay for the procedure. Patient relations representative DyAnn Smith tersely said, "There will be no further correspondence about this matter."