Lindsey Vonn Owes Over $1.7 Million in Back Taxes, Pledges to Pay Full Balance

Taxes are pain for everyone to deal with – even Olympic gold medalists.


On April 2nd, according to a report by the Detroit News, the IRS filed a $1,705,437 delinquent federal tax lien on Lindsey Vonn and her estranged husband, Thomas. The figure stems from one year of income – 2010. (Yes the year that, despite her injuries, she managed to sort of handle business in Vancouver.)


There appears to be no confusion or conflicting statements regarding this matter, as Vonn acknowledged her debt as well as her full intention to pay the money owed as soon as possible in an email to the Detroit News:


“It is no secret that my last year off the mountain has been filled with many personal challenges,” she wrote in the e-mail. “This matter was only recently brought to my attention and I took immediate and deliberate steps to remedy the situation. I have made arrangements to pay in full the balance due.”


In response to the widespread coverage that her unfortunate tax predicament brought, Vonn posted this to her Facebook account late Sunday:


“I am disappointed with this situation. I just recently became aware of the outstanding balance and I have done everything in my power to settle it immediately. The money owed was for the 2010 tax year, which was filed on time, and it has been paid in full. This is an important lesson for me. Not being in control of my finances and relying on someone else who you believed had your best interest at heart was a mistake and one I will not make twice.”


Related Content


Manny Pacquiao’s Brand New Legal Kerfuffle


Manny Pacquiao’s Legal Woes: The Plot Thickens