Kentuckys Eloy Vargas Took a Young Fan to Her Prom

Seldom used Kentucky center Eloy Vargas made one fan queen for a night. During an autograph signing session Saturday Vargas was approached by Natascha Richardson, a 17-year-old student at Gatton Academy. She then asked Vargas to accompany her to her prom.


“It was my turn to get an autograph and I was just like, what are you doing tonight, and he was like ‘what are you doing tonight’ and I was like, you should go to prom with me and it just kind of happened and I was like ahh, cool.”


Vargas accepted and hurried to get ready for his date. He was happy to be doing something to make someone else happy.


“She didn’t have a date so I thought, I should do something for her,” Vargas said.


“It’s a lot of blessings to be a part of this thing right now and be over here, part of this girl’s life and making her dream come true,” says Vargas.


Vargas did a nice thing for someone on their special night.


No word on who was voted prom queen.


Related Content


Matt Slauson: Jets Offense Will Be Like Two Different Teams


The Chicago Bulls Winning the Eastern Conference in 2012? Heat? Celtics?


Siena to Give Derek Jeter Honorary Degree


Von Miller: Tim Tebow Will Eventually Start for the Jets


Get more great sports analysis over at FootBasket.