I’m Hannah, I’m 16, I have Alopecia Universalis

stophatingyourbody:


I’m Hannah, I’m 16 years old, and I have Alopecia Universalis.


Which basically means that I don’t grow hair anywhere on my body. I have been bald since middle school, and honestly, the struggles I’ve been through since then have made me the person I am today. And quite really, I like who I am. I used to struggle with putting up with all of the teasing and harsh words I’d get, but after years of putting up with it, I’m okay, and I’m not letting myself get down about it.


I was made this way for a reason, I know it. I used to sit up at night, crying, because I just wanted to be normal. What a horrible term that is. I’d sit there and think…”My life would be so much easier if I had hair.” But at this point in my life, I’ve seen so much, I’ve heard all the rude remarks you could hear, and I still do, but I don’t care anymore. I like myself now. I like being “different”. I wouldn’t be this person without being bald, and I know that. I wouldn’t be this strong, this content with who I am. And I’m glad I’ve been through what I have.


Everyone is beautiful. I see the beauty in everyone, so when you’re sitting there, being down on yourself, remember this, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. No matter what. 


Never forget that.


BE BRAVE! JOIN THE REVOLUTION!


hannahisjesuschrist-.tumblr.com