Bizarre Victorias Secret Angel Diet Revealed

Models often say that they eat whatever they like, but supermodel Adriana Lima recently revealed what she really eats and how she exercises before the 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.' The televised event is watched by eight million people, who gawk at the world's highest-paid models wearing lingerie in the $10 million production.


Lima says she has been working out every day with a personal trainer since August. For the last three weeks, she's been working out twice a day: "It is really intense, it's not really the amount of time you spend working out, it's the intensity: I jump rope, I do boxing, I lift weights, but I get bored doing that. If I am not moving I get bored very easily."

She sees a nutritionist, who has measured her body's muscle mass, fat ratio and levels of water retention. He prescribes protein shakes, vitamins and supplements to keep Lima's energy levels up during this training period.


Lima drinks a gallon of water a day. For nine days before the show, she will drink only protein shakes, including powdered eggs. Two days before the show, she will abstain from the daily gallon of water, and drink normally. 12 hours before the show, she will stop drinking entirely.


"No liquids at all so you dry out, sometimes you can lose up to eight pounds just from that," says Lima, who has been an Angel since 2000. She has since had a baby.


"Actually, the Victoria's Secret show is the highlight of my life. Becoming an Angel, once I achieved that, it was a dream come true for me. And I know that after all this is done, when I sit down with my daughter one day, we are going to look back and it's going to be very special."

 "It opens up so many doors, everyone knows your name, the whole world knows you now," she adds. "Any model in this world would love to be an Angel."