Ashley Duncan Posts Picture of Gun, then Kills Self with it

A tragedy out of Texas, where a 17-year-old girl posted a photo of herself holding a gun, then hours later committed suicide with the weapon.


The Daily Mail reports that Ashley Duncan killed herself Monday near a reservoir in Houston. In addition to posting the photo, she also tweeted "I finally got a gun."


 Ashley Duncan told her followers on Twitter that she had 'finally got a gun' before she used it to kill herself


She also posted on Tumblr a series of messages that hinted at possible suicide:


Life ain't worth the pain. if you know or have known what it feels like to want to die every minute second hour day week month year then you feel me..


So in asking why can't it be my choice to die now?.. I’m miserable..


One day I won't be here anymore and that'll be the happiest day of my life… I'm tired and I'm done with this life.


Many of her friends saw the posts, but didn't take her apparent cries for help seriously.


"People were 'liking' it and not really putting two and two together. It's a sad tragedy," Kelly Fowlkes said.


"I didn’t exactly pay attention to it because she would always play around. I never thought she was serious," said Theresa Sosa.


Condolences to the family and friends. As for the reasons or why, sometimes bad things just happen and you can't blame anyone or the methods that are used in a suicide.


the_car_man