2011 NBA Draft Rumors: Warriors Prospects, Potential Trades

This is what I love most about the NBA Draft. Rumors are flying around like hot cakes - many of which involve the Warriors.


Apparently, there are a few teams trying to get into the late lottery. Given that there are so many rumors out there, I thought I'd address the most recent ones that could have legs and provide my take on whether I'd be happy with the trade or not. Here goes:


Warriors trade the #11 pick to the Spurs for George Hill - I like George Hill a lot. He always plays tough and he averaged 11.8 points, 5 rebounds and 2.3 assists for the NBA's best Spurs. But he stands at 6'2" and I don't think it's enough of a draw for the Warriors to trade this pick. MY TAKE: I wouldn't do it!


Warriors trade Ekpe Udoh and the #11 pick to the Suns for the #13 pick and Robin Lopez - Robin Lopez is not an elite center. But he is a legit 7-foot center, one that the Warriors really need. We don't know what Ekpe Udoh can be but from what I've seen, he's a role player at best. Warriors need to get taller and dropping two spots would not be the worst thing. MY TAKE: I would not be disappointed if this went down


Warriors trade Monta Ellis to the 76ers for Andre Iguodala - This one has lost some steam but it was one of the hottest rumors for quite a while. I am a big fan of Monta Ellis but I'm also an Arizona guy and love Iggy. I think he fits in better with the Warriors than Monta does and certainly vastly improves the team with height and defense, two of the biggest missing pieces. Iggy is a potential triple-double every night. MY TAKE: Do it!


Warriors trade the #11 pick to the Pacers for Brandon Rush and #15 - Brandon Rush is a scrub. MY TAKE: I would be pissed if the Warriors made this trade.


Warriors trade the #11 pick to the Knicks for #17 and Toney Douglas - Toney Douglas isn't bad. Last year he averaged over 24 minutes a game, scoring 10.8 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists. Would be a solid back-up guard for the Warriors (who need one) although moving back to #17 is not ideal. MY TAKE: I would rather the Warriors pass on this one but I would not condemn the franchise if they pulled the trigger on it. 


I'm sure as tomorrow rolls on there will be more rumors swirling. And I will enjoy reading every single one!